Guns vs. Needles. The pros and cons. Just to be sure where to go.
Guns should never be used on anything, period. There is no pro to a piercing gun.
- Piercing guns are NEVER sterilized in those little mall kiosks or stores, seriously. Ask to see their sterilization equipment and they’ll most likely show you an alcohol wipe. So an alcohol wipe is all that stands between you and every other person that gun was used on. They’ll give you some excuse that the jewelry cassettes are sterile, but that does not excuse the fact that the rest of the set up is not. The people using the gun have no training or concept of cross contamination.
- Piercing guns do not “pierce” a hole, they rip the jewelry through your skin. Ever seen a nail go through a piece of wood? Same concept. Use enough force and you can drive a toothpick through your ear, it doesn’t mean you’ve gotten a piercing.
- Piercing gun jewelry is not an appropriate design to allow the tissue to swell during piercing, that’s why so many people have problems with embedding during healing.
- Piercing guns should NEVER be used on cartilage because they shatter internal tissue causing scarring and persistent problems over the life of the piercing. Piercing guns are illegal for use on cartilage in many States, my State of New Hampshire included. This should be a hint that they are not safe for general use.
Piercing needles are designed to create a smooth, clean hole through tissue. They are designed to be fully sterilized, used ONCE, and disposed of. I could go on and on. Piercing guns have no place in a professional body piercing industry, they are the lowest possible form of a paid “piercing” service.
If I sound emotional or biased it’s because I totally am. :)
Good to know.
- dorkules likes this
- flameyleedovahkiin reblogged this from safepiercing
- kathtea likes this
- airplanesintheocean likes this
- samanthasick reblogged this from emeraldbeck
- samanthasick likes this
- supergirlsarriiiee likes this
- baresweetness likes this
- barelytruly likes this
- contingent-affirmation reblogged this from reservoir-fiction and added:
- reservoir-fiction reblogged this from safepiercing
- orangesandwhiskey reblogged this from safepiercing
- lunaticus-anima likes this
- circleofhorrorterrors reblogged this from safepiercing
- whitegirlwastedngt reblogged this from pangeapiercing
- tallestpuppy reblogged this from safepiercing
- maudovermatter likes this
- dawnblue50 reblogged this from blackroseauthoress
- dawnblue50 likes this
- cyan-013 reblogged this from blackroseauthoress
- skellingtonwellington reblogged this from chanterbury
- bootslots reblogged this from blackroseauthoress
- rosecransandpunk reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- actualblogging reblogged this from safepiercing
- 500daysofsusanna reblogged this from safepiercing
- rollingnote reblogged this from safepiercing and added:
- enlily reblogged this from safepiercing
- runningfromcatastrophemode reblogged this from chanterbury and added:
- electrick-lady likes this
- greeneggiwegs likes this
- another2am likes this
- fallingpoly reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- cafe-chico likes this
- daedazer reblogged this from safepiercing
- vinukred likes this
- raegasm reblogged this from safepiercing
- spookyookykitty reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- kelseaocean reblogged this from safepiercing
- spacecadet371 reblogged this from safepiercing and added:
- electroluxx likes this
- cryptoshark likes this
- chanterbury reblogged this from safepiercing
- answerswellneverget reblogged this from sugarcoatedsatan
- beertim3 likes this
- chelseafaith reblogged this from creeperscrawling
- sugarcoatedsatan reblogged this from safepiercing
- creeperscrawling reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- wynaut reblogged this from safepiercing